The following Terms and Conditions apply:
1. WAITING TIME. Prices are quoted on the assumption that no unreasonable delay in discharge will occur. Waiting time will be charged at £50 per hour after first 30 minutes on site.
2. ACCESS. Each order is accepted by us on the understanding that your site can be approached by a hard road. Our driver is empowered to refuse delivery if in his opinion there exists a risk of damage to his vehicle, you being responsible for costs incurred if the delivery is aborted. We accept no liability for damage caused to your roads or property or persons of others on the site by use of the vehicle. You shall be liable to make good any damage caused to our vehicles.
Provision should be made for our driver to wash down chutes after delivery is complete before entering the highway.
3. WATER. Extra water affecting strength or workability shall be noted on the Ticket/Invoice and is added only at the customers request and risk. Customer is advised that if extra water is added to the concrete this may result in non conformance.
4. CANCELLATION. Cancelled orders are charged at £10 per m³ ordered with a minimum charge of £60. No charge will be made for cancellation by you up to 3pm on the working day prior to delivery except in the event that goods have been specially processed to meet your requirements. In this event you will meet the expense incurred. Consignments ordered and delivered to site must be paid for in full. Any returned load or part load may be subject to a fair handling charge.
6. DEFECTS.is limited to the cost of removal and replacement. We can only accept such liability where you can establish
(a) no additional water or other material has been added to the product after it has been declared by our agent or employee as ready for acceptance.
(b) the sample tested has been taken during discharge from our vehicle in accordance with the relevant clauses of
BSEN12350, BSEN206-1 and BS8500.
(c) all sampling, making, curing and testing of specimens has been carried out in accordance with the relevant clauses of BSEN12350, BSEN12390, BSEN 206-1 and BS8500. agreed by us. It should be recognised that for a well controlled continuous production there is always the slight probability of a result occurring below the compliance limit and that it is not normally possible to predict its occurrence, obtained from concrete cubes, made, cured and tested in accordance with BSEN 206-1, BS 8500 and BSEN12390 by a UKAS Approved Test House available to you.
(d) we have been given the opportunity of investigating any alleged defect and of making recommendations as to any
remedial action to be taken.
7. CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS. We shall in no circumstances be liable for consequential loss or damage.
8. DELAYS. We reserve the right to suspend or delay without penalty of any kind in the event of war, civil commotion breakdown or any accident or other cause.
9. PRICE VARIATION. Quoted prices are based on the cost of materials and labour ruling at the date of quotation. In the ponding variation in prices, after giving due notice.
10. PAYMENT. Quoted prices apply to payment by credit or debit card or by previously agreed credit arrangements. We reserve the right to refuse to execute any order or discontinue deliveries if the arrangements for payment or your credit is not satisfactory to us, or if your account is overdue for payment. You may not withhold payments due as a lien.
12. CONDITIONS. Any contract resulting from acceptance of this quotation shall be subject to these Conditions to the exclusion of any conditions which you seek to impose. No variation of these Conditions may be agreed except in writing over the signature of a Director of Gem Mix Ltd.
13. EXTREME TEMPERATURES. Your attention is drawn to the fact that during extreme ambient temperatures, we are unable to guarantee the concrete temperature will not fall outside EN206, BS8500 (+5 to 35 degrees centigrade). Your signature on the ticket is your awareness/acceptance of the above.
14. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. Customers’ signature on our Delivery Ticket shall be deemed acknowledgement and acceptance of these conditions of sale.
15. HEALTH & SAFETY. Customers should read and comply with the COSHH data sheet available in the “About Us” page of the website.